1965 Prospecting of Limestone initiated through Geological Survey of India.
1970 Feasibility Study of a 300 TPD cement plant at Pugli commenced.
1974 Constitution of Penden Cement Authority.
1977 Setting up of 300 TPD cement plant commenced.
1980 300 TPD Plant was successfully commissioned after trail run.
1981 Commercial production commenced.
1982 HRH Ashi Kesang Wangmo Wangchuck inaugurated Penden Cement Plant.
1983 Penden Cement achieves 107.9% capacity utilization in Clinker    production.
1985 Penden Cement takes over the management of Penden Collieries.
1986 Penden Cement takes over Shumar Gypsum Mines from Department of    Industry.
1989 Penden Cement incorporated under the Companies Act of the Kingdom of    Bhutan.
1991 Received DANIDA’s assistance on reduction in air pollution, OHSM    started.
1992 Penden Collieries and Shumar Gypsum Mines was privatized.
1993 Optimized plant capacity to 400 TPD with reduction in air pollution    under DANIDA’s funding.
1994 Approval accorded by the board for capacity augmentation of the plant    to 800 TPD, Penden Rock Project at Setikhare started, Penden Dolomite Project    at Sunargaon initiated.
1995 Work on capacity augmentation started.
1996 Plant Capacity Augmented to 800 TPD.
1998 PCAL conferred with “ARCH OF EUROPE AWARD” for Excellence and Quality.
1999 Launched the production of Portland Slag Cement (PSC). Bureau of    Indian Standard Product Certification Awarded for OPC43, OPC33 grades and PSC    cements.
2001 Project Work on Optimization from 800 TPD to 1000 TPD of Clinker    production started.
2002 Plant capacity augmented to 1000 TPD of clinker production.
2003 PCAL awarded with ISO 9001: 2000 certification by Bureau of Indian    Standard
2004 Cement production augmented to 1650 TPD with launching of Portland    Pozzolana Cement (PPC) in the market
2005 Product Certification for PPC(Portland Pozzolana Cement) was awarded    by Bureau of Indian Standard.
2006 Completed 25 years of commercial production and Celebrated Silver    Jubilee of the company.
2007 Recognized as the first firm in obtaining “Private Forest Ownership Certificate” in the district toward    protection and conservation of the environment.
2008 Initiated additional limestone deposit prospecting through the    expertise of DGM in and around Samtse district and Gelephu.
2010 PCAL awarded “THE PLATINUM TECHNOLOGY AWARD FOR QUALITY & BEST    TRADE NAME” by OTHERWAYS INT’L RESEARCH & CONSULTANTS in Geneva,    Switzerland.