The global awareness of environmental protection and its management has been well acknowledged by Penden cement in whatsoever small way it could contribute. The very existence of the plant in lush green surroundings has encouraged Penden Cement to preserve the natural ecosystem with minimum environmental impacts.
In pursuance of excellence in housekeeping and clean ambient environment, Penden Cement has invested substantial financial resources in installing air pollution control equipment and maintaining the rich flora around the factory premises.
Penden Cement also has set up an Environment Cell that constantly monitors ambient air quality and fully implementation of all environmental norms.
- Clean, green and healthy environment
- Effective use of natural resources, energy , plant and equipment
- Reduction in emissions, noise, waste and green house gases
- Continual improvement in environment management
- Comply all the norms of NEC and other relevant environmental legislations
ENVIRONMENT IMPACT CONTROL & MINIMIZATION
The deterioration in ambient air quality is one of the most predominant environmental hazards for cement plant. The stack emissions and fugitive emissions are primarily responsible for the deterioration of air quality in the immediate vicinity of working place.
However, the PCAL has always set its priority in areas of environmental quality management. Our efforts in meeting the stringent requirement of environmental norms of the present day can be witnessed from the incorporation of wide range of pollution control equipment that are operating at their efficiency level under the upgraded and modernized version of the plant.
- The Environmental Cell of Penden Cement is also preparing to look into new areas of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Environmental Management Plan (EMP), Waste reduction, reuse and recycle and further adoption of Eco-friendly clean technologies.
- Water conservation awareness
- Daily monitor Air quality
- Restoration of mined areas
- Mass cleaning camping
- New tree plantation
- Provide Jaggery, Dust Filters/Masks, Liveries and other Protective Wear from time to time.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
Protect the health of each employee and ensure their well being through continual effort to the prevention of accidents at the worksites and elimination/minimization of human sufferings and losses.
- Identify hazards and take remedial and preemptive measures/ actions towards safety and health;
- Ensure healthy and congenial workplace environment;
- Inculcate safety habit by every employee;
- Capacity building of employee through need-based training programs